Homemade sugar hand scrub
Lately due to work my hands have become very dry and I have been trying out different things to help moisture my hands and make them feel soft and healthier again which lead to me stumbling across a recipe on how to make a homemade hand scrub so I decided I would share with you guys my little step by step of this hand scrub.
What you will need ...
- A Jar
- 2/3 of sugar(any kind will do)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil(you can use coconut oil as an alternative)
- 1 lemon
What do to.....
(1) Add 2/3 of sugar to a jar or container any kind of sugar that you have in the Kitchen will do.
(2) Mix 1/4 of olive oil if you don't have olive oil you can use coconut oil as an alternative. When adding in the oil to the sugar add it in slowly as you don't want the mixture to be too wet. You want the mixture feel rough like sand.
(3) squeeze the juice from a fresh lemon and add about 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice into the mixture.
Once you have all the ingredients mixed together it should be creamy and not too dry. To achieve the prefect consistency mess around by adding in more sugar or oil until the mixture looks like a thick hand cream.
The homemade hand scrub left my hands feeling so much softer, healthier and revitalised. I love the fresh lingering scent of the lemon and the texture of the mixture. I would recommend that you guys try this out there is no cost and it really does make your hands feel so much softer.